The Head Start nutrition program is designed to meet the nutritional needs of each child including those with special dietary needs and children with disabilities. All children’s food allergies must be documented with a statement from a physician and kept on file at the Head Start center.

BROC Head Start participates in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), which is a federally funded program that provides partial reimbursement for the meals we serve. Meals must be served in accordance with the program guidelines.



A variety of foods are served which include foods from different cultures and ethnic groups. The children are served breakfast, lunch, and snack which provides at least to ⅔ of their daily nutritional needs. Menus are posted and copies are provided to parents/guardians. Meals are served family style and children eat in small groups with an adult. Mealtime is a part of the total education program teaching colors, textures, science, math, good hygiene, food habits and attitudes.

Head Start provides educational materials to parents on how to select healthy foods, how to prepare well-balanced meals, how to obtain food stamps, WIC, and what other community assistance is available when needed.

“The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at”


[ SERVICES] [ Family Services] [ Education] [ Disabilities] [ Parent Involvement] [ Health/Mental Health] [ Nutrition] [ Transportation]